Biomedical Engineer - Electronics (26594)
This is an exciting opportunity to join thriving technology trailblazers who are expanding their biomedical engineering R&D into implantable technology.
You will be at the forefront of innovation in this area and your skills in electronics will be stretched and challenged developing implantable components, such as custom neurostimulation lead geometries. You will be able to test prototypes at the company’s on-site state of the art labs and will be able to use your excellent communication skills to effectively work with a team of highly skilled scientists and engineers, as well as addressing the needs of clients.
The products you would be working on are often the first of their kind and so you will be comfortable with a first-principles approach to the design and development of electronics, which includes using analytical calculations and finite element analysis to support your decisions.
The company actively encourages the development of their employees’ careers, giving them responsibility early with a view to progressing to team leadership positions. The company is based in scenic campus setting and a generous benefits package is offered along with a competitive salary.
- A relevant PhD backed by a technical degree (1st or 2:1) ideally in Biomedical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Physics or similar, and excellent A level results.
- Previous experience developing implantable technology, having contributed to the design of an implantable electronic device.
- Excellent communication skills; as this is a consultancy role, there will be a large element of client-facing work.
- Full right to work in the UK without time limit or sponsorship.
- Experience in neuro-sensing or neurostimulation would be highly desirable
Keywords: Neuro-sensors, Implantable Devices, Electronics, Biomedical Engineering, South Cambridgeshire.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.