C++ Software Engineer (26615)
This start-up designs specialist instrumentation for R&D within the electronics industry. They have a variety of projects under way and are keen to recruit an exceptional Software Engineer to join them.
A strong academic background in physics or engineering will allow you to grasp the underlying physical processes, and good skills in C++ will allow you to create robust and efficient software to control and interrogate devices, translate raw message data into meaningful data, and handle interaction with the user. Future work could include embedded development, and digital and analogue design.
Working as part of a small development team, you would have broad involvement in the company’s technology as well as broader business activities. The role may involve some liaising with customers, and this may involve occasional overseas visits from time to time.
You will need:
- A strong academic background with a 1st class degree in physics or other applicable STEM subject from a leading university, backed up by top grades in maths and physics at A level (or overseas equivalent).
- Excellent coding skills in C++ and a good appreciation of software development best commercial practice.
- Some understanding of electronics, embedded software development, and preferably also wireless communications.
- Full existing right to work in the UK without restriction, time limit, or sponsorship.
- Knowledge of Verilog would be an advantage.
This Cambridge-based company offers a competitive salary and have flexibility for some remote working as tasks permit.
Keywords: Analog, Digital, Verilog, C++, Embedded, wireless comms, start-up, instrumentation, Cambridge
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at https://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.