Product Manager (26616)
A rapidly growing, successful company is seeking an enterprising and motivated Product Manager to play a significant role in shaping the development priorities for their mathematical models and SaaS products.
Our client helps large and small business alike plan for the future, ensuring their continued success and allowing them to navigate the storms of change, whether they be caused by geopolitical upheaval, encroaching cyber security threats, logistical challenges or climate change.
The Product Manager will provide the link between clients’ needs, market demands and skilled software engineers. With an inquisitive and creative mindset, they will be responsible for gathering information on clients’ requirements, writing detailed specifications and collaborating across a wide range of teams to ensure the success of model-related projects and initiatives. With excellent communication skills, they will also be able to explain complex concepts effectively, helping clients to realise the technical value and scope of the products.
Working knowledge of the SaaS development process will be needed and candidates will be expected to show evidence of commercial product management experience within a software development environment. They will have solved complex and dynamic problems in the past and are used to managing multiple development projects in parallel, in an effective and organised manner.
Skills and characteristics needed for success in this role:
- Experience in product management within an analytics or software development environment
- Good organisational skills and able to effectively progress multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional written and verbal skills with an ability to communicate complex concepts in a clear and effective manner
- A good degree (2.1 or above) in a scientific subject such as Maths, Physics, Engineering, Economics or Earth Sciences.
- Experience with either physical climate science or transition risk would also be helpful, as would training and or professional experience in project management
Full rights to work in the UK without time limit or sponsorship will also be beneficial.
Based in the centre of Cambridge, this energetic company offers a good working environment in modern offices as well as hybrid or flexible working patterns, bonuses and share options.
Key words: Cambridge, Product Management, Software as a Service, Agile, Client-facing, Project Management, Climate Science, Risk, Mathematical Modelling, Hybrid.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.