Surface / Membrane Chemist (26618)
Working within a multidisciplinary team of chemists, biologists, physicists and engineers, the Surface / Membrane Chemist will take a key role in: designing and optimising highly-sensitive assays; troubleshooting and improving current processes; generating experimental plans and reports; developing small scale manufacturing; and collaborating with different stakeholders on R&D projects.
- Will have a PhD in chemistry or biochemistry with subsequent lab-based postdoctoral experience.
- Demonstrable project experience with organic chemistry or biomolecules (ideally fluorescent dye conjugation chemistry, nucleic acids / peptides / proteins).
- Experience with quantitative biophysical chemistry methods such as IR, MS, NMR, liquid chromatography, Raman spectroscopy etc…
- Experience with membranes and surfactants.
- Additional knowledge of microfluidics, in-droplet assays and high-throughput assays would be desirable.
As projects are team-based, good communication skills are required. Further, it is expected that the role would be lab-based most of the time (although some home-working is possible when project work allows). On offer, an excellent compensation package is available including a wide range of benefits.
Keywords: Postdoc, Protein Chemistry, Organic, Biochemistry, R&D, Biomolecules, Multidisciplinary Projects, Membranes, Surfactants, Microfluidics
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.