Windows Desktop Software Developer (26619)
This is a PC software development role part of a team of engineers working on instrument control and data analysis systems for an exciting biotech company in Cambridge. You will be key to the architecture and design of new desktop software as well as contribute to the solution of complex algorithmic problems.
For this role you will need knowledge of writing desktop software in C# with WPF or Windows Forms and possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in software engineering or similar. Additionally, you will need to be:
- Skilled at writing complex multi-threaded applications
- Familiar with Agile development and, ideally, test-driven development
- Knowledgeable of source control procedures and software build processes
- A good communicator within multi-disciplinary teams
Whilst not required, any of the following are desirable:
- Scientific computing knowledge and a strong mathematical background
- An understanding of working on software for scientific instruments
- Technical knowledge of databases, data storage or networking
- Image processing / machine vision knowledge
You’d be joining a dynamic company which offers challenging work and a supportive development team with occasional working from home.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.