Head of Software Engineering (26636)
This is a compelling opportunity for a knowledgeable and practical technical software manager to take the next step in their career, whilst retaining the ability to be “hands-on” in the development of software and firmware for cutting-edge sensing solutions.
As Head of Software Engineering, you will bring your experience and aptitude for developing software, firmware and manufacturing components at high volume whilst adhering to quality standards, as well as your skills in DevOps, team leadership and people management. It would be ideal if you can also bring expertise in using WPF or UWP to create Windows GUIs, or if you have had previous exposure to developing on Arduino or similar platforms.
You will have the chance to shape and support the continued successful growth of a skilled team of developers, particularly in the areas of PC-based and embedded software (firmware). You would be working with some of the top brands in consumer electronics and will enjoy the fast-paced, innovative environment.
Attributes needed for this role:
- A good degree (2:1 or above) in a technical or scientific subject will be expected
- Good knowledge and skills in Python, along with embedded C and ideally C#
- Comfortable with process methodologies (particularly test-related) including languages tools and environments for DevOps of real-time firmware, and Windows 10 GUI applications
- Familiar with the development of real-time, “bare-metal” firmware for ARM-based microcontrollers using ADC, DAC, and other peripherals
- Evidence of previously working in high volume product and software lifecycles, within quality system frameworks
- Excellent communication skills and an aptitude for people management, including team leadership and client interactions
- Full right to work in the UK without time limit or sponsorship
You would be based in the company’s Cambridge offices, and they are open to some flexible working from home by arrangement. There would also be the opportunity for occasional international travel where you will work closely with clients and development partners.
Keywords: DevOps, Software, Firmware, Embedded, Technical Management, Team Leadership, Real-Time, Bare-Metal, Sensors, Consumer Electronics, Component Development, Cambridge.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.