Senior Software Engineer (26655)
Have you started to build your career as a software engineer, and gained strong coding skills in C++ or C#? If so, this role might offer a bit more variety than many of the roles out there.
This company helps clients from a range of industry sectors to solve problems and bring new products to market. You could be working on desktop software, embedded systems, or mobile, so there would be plenty of challenge and opportunities to broaden your knowledge and skillset.
You would be joining a small friendly team of colleagues from a range of technical disciplines. You’ll need to have a good grounding in software development practices, and the ability to take on and solve challenges across in subject areas such as medical and diagnostic instruments, consumer products, or biotech. The role may involve liaising with clients over requirements, modelling and prototyping of potential solutions, as well as developing and testing the final design.
You will need:
- A minimum of a 2:1 degree in Computer Science, Electronics or other relevant STEM subject from a well-respected university
- Strong coding skills in C++ and or C#, with experience or demonstrable interest in software development for embedded targets, desktop, or mobile
- Solid understanding of software engineering best practice
- Expertise in several of the following: kernel mode software device drivers, 3D graphics, Bluetooth, networking, SPI, I2C and serial communications
- Unfortunately, sponsorship is not available so you will need full existing permission to work in the UK
This is a great chance to work on a variety of stimulating problems with a select team of expert colleagues in a pleasant rural location. On offer are a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.