Project Manager - Software Projects (26676)
This Cambridge-based technology company creates equipment for complex control applications. They are seeking a skilled Technical Project Manager with a strong understanding of software and electronics development, and experience of how to handle the challenges of bringing such products to market. You will also need to have an excellent knowledge of technical project management and be able to take the lead on project set-up, determine time scales, budgets, track progress and risk, and ensure the deliverables are on time and fit the requirements.
You would be joining a team of bright and highly motivated engineers from a variety of disciplines. To command their respect, you will need a strong engineering background and be able to hold your own in detailed technical discussions. You will be diplomatic, pragmatic, relaxed, competent, and be a real problem solver for your team.
In addition to these qualities as a Project Manager you will have:
- A good degree in a technical subject from a top university
- Strong understanding of commercial software project management and Agile methodologies
- Exposure to the full product lifecycle and software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- High and low level problem solving – you can not only schedule accurately around roadblocks, but can help developers find alternative technical solutions to difficult problems
- A customer focus – you’ll be more than happy working with customers to establish their requirements, and conducting a meeting of minds between key stakeholders
- A focus on quality, ethics, and timely delivery
An excellent opportunity to join a highly successful Cambridge company constantly innovating new ideas and products. A competitive salary and benefits package are on offer to the successful candidate.
Keywords: Team Leader, Technical Project Manager, Agile, C, C++, Embedded, Network Comms, Web Technologies, Multimedia, FPGA, Digital, Cambridgeshire
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.