Embedded Software Engineer (26683)
Join a pioneering and growing IoT device tech company and develop top firmware for their next-gen product lines. Their products have been extremely well-received, leading to exciting challenges and opportunities ahead. Products are MEMS with MCU and MPU ASIC cores interfacing to analogue components.
You’ll have good input and involvement across the whole lifecycle, from conception through requirements capture and investigation to development and release, working alongside hardware engineers as well as colleagues from solutions, applications and test teams.
You will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in electronics, or another engineering or science subject, and strong supporting A-level grades.
- Expertise developing real-time firmware in C, ideally for ARM cores.
- An understanding of peripheral control and interfacing with analogue devices: ADC / DAC, I2C / SPI and UARTs are all relevant.
- An interest in new product development and prototyping, perhaps first with Arduino and then with more advanced dev boards – this sort of engagement with the dev process is a real asset.
- A commercial firmware engineer’s mindset, accustomed to working as part of a team, and able to deliver to project timescales.
Any experience of analogue and/or sensor tech, automotive devices, electronics design are advantageous, as is any Python scripting and/or C# app development (for instance for diagnostics and evaluation). If you’re interested in engaging with technical clients, the option is there.
You’ll be proactive and detail-oriented, able to multi-task and keen to enter a startup environment. The company has a well-equipped Cambridge office and they are open to considering hybrid working.
Keywords: embedded, firmware, C, ARM, ASIC, MCU, MPU, ARM, ADC / DAC, I2C / SPI, UART, Arduino, MEMS, automotive, electronics, digital, analogue
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.