Software QA Engineer (26687)
We are seeking a qualified Software QA Engineer with expertise in automotive technology to join this respected engineering company. Your expertise would help to bring exciting and innovative products to life. Working closely with software engineers, you would ensure the quality of products being developed by uncovering and documenting defects, and helping reproduce these in order to identify root causes. This would include both lab-based testing as well as testing live systems in vehicles.
Your tasks may typically include, planning and executing test suites for new features, verifying fixes, stress testing, developing test harnesses, and authoring technical reports.
You will need:
- A 1st or 2.1 degree in a computer science, or applicable engineering subject.
- Hands-on expertise in software validation and testing, test automation, and best practice.
- An excellent understanding of communication protocols such as CAN and Automotive Ethernet, and skills with diagnostic tools such as Vector CANoe or Vehicle Spy.
- Basic practical electronics skills, and scripting skills with Python.
- Good knowledge of the automotive industry.
- A driving licence to facilitate in-vehicle testing.
On offer is an excellent salary and benefits package. The offices are based just outside of Cambridge, close to good road networks – onsite parking is available.
Sponsorship is not available, so you will need existing right to work in the UK without restriction, time limit, or sponsorship.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.