Project Manager - Mechanical Engineering (26711)
A forward-thinking team of engineers and scientists are seeking a project manager with a background in mechanical engineering to help them navigate new areas of innovation in medical technology, which could include: bioprocesses, tools for fundamental biology, clinical diagnostics or even drug discovery.
Working with multi-disciplinary teams of highly skilled specialists, your project leadership skills will enable you to effectively manage multi-phase projects for a number of different clients, acting as the main point of contact for internal and external stakeholders alike. The goal will be to produce state-of-the-art products for a highly demanding and regulated technical market. You will have the opportunity to propose and develop entirely new technological and commercial offerings in this role, which may also include contributing to other areas of interest, such as omics, biotech and cell and gene therapy.
This position is available due to the continuing growth of this friendly, employee-owned company. The diverse and pioneering culture fosters career development and collaboration.
What you will need:
- An excellent academic record with a 2:1 or above undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering from a well-respected university, together with impressive grades at A-level
- Evidence of previous success developing innovative products in a commercial environment
- The ability to work collaboratively with interdisciplinary colleagues
- Excellent communication skills, and comfortable in a client-facing role
- Some knowledge of the biological sciences and/or a practical understanding of product development in a regulated industry (e.g. ISO13485) would be beneficial but is not essential
- Previous experience working as a mechanical engineering consultant would also be advantageous
Full rights to work in the UK without time limit or sponsorship will also be necessary to be considered for this role.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.