Embedded Software Project Lead (26713)
This position could be ideal for a software project leader who enjoys working with people from a range of disciplines, creating physical products for the medical diagnostics industry.
With excellent communication skills and a solid background in languages such as embedded C and C++, you will be able to engage and influence a wide range of stakeholders, including customers, directors, other project managers and the development teams.
You will be responsible for managing the full software engineering life cycle including requirements gathering, creation of project plans and schedules, and obtaining and managing resources. To do this effectively, you will be able to draw upon your extensive knowledge of various project management methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall and iterative, and would know when best to utilise them.
The team is based in south Cambridgeshire, offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and a management structure and ethos which is very supportive of career development.
You will need:
- An impressive academic record with 1st or 2:1 degree in Computer Science or a similar technical subject
- Experience leading the project management of embedded software projects across a variety of sectors, and engaging with a wider, multidisciplinary team
- Thorough knowledge of different delivery methodologies such as Waterfall / Agile / iterative and knowledge of how to apply them effectively
- Excellent communication skills to summarise project status and discuss critical issues/milestones with a range of stakeholders
Desirable skills include:
- Experience as a Product Owner, Scrum Master or similar roles
- Familiar with Scrum, Kanban or SAFe
- Knowledge of embedded and system software development in regulated industries such as medical, defence or automotive
- Knowledge of quality assurance processes for software
Full rights to work in the UK without time limit or sponsorship will also be necessary in order to be considered for this position.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.