Systems Level Test Engineer, Instrumentation (26714)
This dedicated team of engineers and scientists build instruments used for molecular diagnostics, high-throughput drug discovery and bio-therapies. Their bespoke products are developed with specific functionality and require a wide range of components to work seamlessly together. They are looking to hire a Systems Level Test Engineer who will go through formal verification processes in order to deliver successful technologies to market. Key responsibilities would include: develop high-level test strategies for embedded software systems; design and build relevant test rigs; develop and execute verification tests; and offer continuous feedback to engineers and scientists on improvements.
- You’ll identify as a software or electronics engineer (probably have a relevant degree in this area) and enjoy hands-on problem solving. You’ll be naturally curious and look to see how things are put together.
- You’ll have had experience with formal software verification methods including:
- Component Testing
- SW-SW or SW-HW Integration
- Static and Dynamic Analysis
- You’ll have worked closely with software development teams and understand the importance of verification within the broader product development life cycle.
- Your technical skills will include: Python (for automated test systems), JIRA, embedded software architectures, and general understanding of mechatronic or digital electronics.
- You may have had exposure to real-time systems, and possibly have familiarity with relevant safety standards.
The role would suit someone keen to take on more responsibility on projects, and who would enjoy working in a collaborative environment. On offer is an excellent compensation package including bonuses, enhanced employer pension contributions, medical insurance and schemes relating to travel (cycle to work, travel loans and electric car leasing).
Keywords: Software Test, Verifications, Instrumentation, Embedded Systems, Mechatronics, Digital Electronics, Applied Sciences, Python, Excellent Remunerations
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.