Technical Support Analyst (26749)
Experts in Business Information (BI) systems, this established company delivers software that handles the most demanding requirements. They are now seeking a resourceful and personable Technical Support Analyst to provide support and consultancy to customers in Europe, to help ensure their users get the best from their product.
The role will involve helping end users with configuration and installation, and managing business intelligence projects including design, planning, building, testing, documentation, and deployment.
You will quickly gain expertise in their software, using this knowledge to conduct training classes, create reference documentation, and promote the company’s products and services in collaboration with the sales team.
You will need:
- A 1st or 2.1 degree in a relevant STEM subject such as computing, science, or engineering
- Previous hands-on experience in a client-facing role, providing first line support for a complex software product
- An excellent understanding of database and data dictionary concepts, Internet applications, web browsers and HTML; aptitude for troubleshooting database and connectivity issues
- Deep understanding of Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, willingness to travel (including internationally), represent and promote the client at trade events, and to liaise with clients to solve their issues and help them get the best from the company’s products.
Not essential, but experience in Crystal Reports, similar BI tools, or ERP systems would be useful.
This role is based in Hertfordshire, but there is substantial scope for hybrid working. A competitive salary and benefits package are on offer for the successful candidate.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.