Senior Embedded Engineer - C, Linux (26769)
This company develops technologies for seamlessly integrating multiple devices for efficient data streaming and management. Their products lead the industry and they have accrued a strong international customer base spanning sectors such as manufacturing, healthcare, energy and the media. They are a Cambridge-based company that’s thriving and seeking to grow their team.
They are keen to hear from software engineers with strong coding skills in C and expertise in developing real-time software for embedded Linux.
This role will involve you in designing, implementing, and testing new features and enhancements to existing code, working on low-level functionality close to the hardware. To succeed in this role, you will need an excellent understanding of the C programming language and Linux, including subjects such as memory management, threading. Creating secure, efficient and testable code should be second nature to you, and you will enjoy the challenge of tracking down the root causes of issues.
You will need:
- A 1st or 2.1 degree in electronics, computer science, or similarly applicable subject from a leading university.
- The ability to create robust and efficient C code using the minimum of system resources.
- Detailed knowledge of the inner workings of Linux, including device drivers, threading, memory handling etc.
- Prior experience with data streaming applications, HDMI, DisplayPort, or USB would be welcome but not essential.
- Full existing right to work in the UK without restriction, time limit, or sponsorship.
This is a great opportunity to join a thriving company with a friendly and supportive company culture. They are based in pleasant modern offices close to Cambridge.
Keywords: C, Embedded, Linux, Streaming, HDMI, DisplayPort, USB, Cambridge
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.