Senior Software Engineer - Data and Search (26780)
This company are developing collaborative cloud-first design tools for assisting complex R&D applications. Their software will help engineers worldwide bring new products to market more quickly and efficiently than ever before.
Whilst this is a large and successful international company, their Cambridge-based development team has its own start-up-like feel, with a focus on technology development without heavy processes. They are seeking a Software Engineer to help them develop data handling functionality for the next-generation cloud-based software. You would work on new features and enhancements in areas such as modelling data to develop large scale processing systems, design APIs, advanced search capabilities, and AI/ML-driven functionality.
You will need:
- A 1st or 2.1 degree in a relevant STEM subject from a well-respected university.
- Excellent proven software engineering skills, with substantial contributions to complex software systems.
- Strong OO coding skills, preferably in C#, .NET Core, or Python.
- Good knowledge of cloud-first system design with services such as AWS, relational database systems and ORM frameworks, and some familiarity of working with Elasticsearch.
- Knowledge of/interest in data processing and analytics would be a bonus.
Sponsorship is not available, so you will need existing right to work in the UK without restriction, time limit, or sponsorship.
This is a good chance to join a bright and friendly team of engineers working on cutting edge technologies. The team is based in pleasant modern offices in Cambridge; a competitive salary and excellent benefits package on offer to the successful candidate. This is an ideal opportunity to grow your technical skill portfolio by joining a team that’s always at the forefront of software development.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.