Lead Software Engineer (26784)
A pioneer in the field of clean energy, this company are taking a radical approach to solve challenging problems facing humanity. To help them in the endeavour, they are seeking a highly skilled C++ Software Developer to take the lead on the future development of the complex mathematical modelling software that will help steer their engineering direction.
As Lead Software Engineer, you would provide expertise in design, optimisation, and engineering best practice to the development team. To succeed, you will need substantial experience in developing software for numerical modelling applications involving massively parallel processing to crunch vast amounts of data, and you will be expert in modern C++ and how to get the best performance from it. You will also need a good grasp of physics and mathematics and be comfortable discussing scientific concepts in detail with colleagues from those disciplines.
You will need:
- A 1st or 2.1 in a relevant STEM subject from a leading university
- Experience in developing highly parallel software for computational fluid dynamics (for instance, using frameworks such as MPI)
- Proven ability to provide technical leadership in the design of complex software
- Excellent programming skills in C++ (11 onwards) together with a deep knowledge of the workings of the language and how to optimise its performance
- Strong grasp of software engineering best practice
- Skills in Python or Fortran are a bonus
This is an excellent opportunity to play a leading role in a fascinating project that stands to deliver major benefits to society. The role features a competitive salary and benefits, flexible working, and share option scheme.
Keywords: Technical Lead, C++ 11, CFD, HPX, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Parallel computing, MPI, Python, Fortran,
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.