Product Engineer (26811)
An exciting opportunity in Edinburgh has arisen due to the continued growth of a world-renowned company. Our client seeks a Product Engineer to play a key role in the development, implementation and validation of Process Design Kits (PDKs) for Electronic Design Automation (EDA).
The role will have a significant customer-facing element as you will visit clients’ sites to meet with them and gain a better understanding of their specialised needs, as well as training them how to get the best out of the software. Along with debugging any obvious issues in the field, you will also provide a vital link between clients and the development teams, working to resolve issues in a timely manner.
Your input will support the development of new tools and you will be responsible for running alpha and beta programmes to test the tools both internally and externally. You will also be able to create the training materials to enable the clients to fully access the functionality of the software. Your knowledge of your clients’ requirements will be sought by the marketing team, assisting them to correctly position the tool in a competitive marketplace.
You will need:
- A good degree in Electrical Engineering from a well-respected university (Russell Group or equivalent)
- Proven commercial acumen in the field of electronics design and product engineering as well as “hands-on” experience with a range of EDA tools and flows
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively work with cross-functional teams
- Full right to work in the UK without time limit or sponsorship
- Good familiarity with EDA software suits using Lisp dialects and the ability to write utilities
- Experience with other languages like shell TCL and PERL would be advantageous
In return, our client can offer a competitive remuneration package including a healthy salary and benefits such as private medical and dental plans, an employee stock purchase plan, cycle to work scheme, gym subsidy and up to 5 days paid leave to volunteer in the community.
Key words: Product Engineer, Edinburgh, Electrical Engineering, EDA, PDK, Client-facing, Scotland
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.