Senior/Principal Engineer, C++, Rust (26815)
Join this specialist firm and build the fastest algorithmic software for parallel hardware. With humanitarian interests they contribute from profits to good causes. From the company’s Cambridge offices and from home, you’ll contribute to state of the art performant systems with a full test suite, collaborating with engineers as well as domain experts.
There’s plenty of challenge and creative technical solutions required in this optimised, concurrent code, where nanoseconds matter – you may be someone who relishes unorthodox and novel optimisations which others wouldn’t have thought of.
Strong C++ and an interest in Rust are ideal as the company migrates over time from C++ to Rust. A strong technical degree is likely and full existing UK work permission without sponsorship is required. The role is Cambridge, UK based.
Overall your expertise will include:
- A senior engineer’s eye and easy familiarity, independence, code critique, mentoring skills and technical initiative
- Software design for elegant, high performance, easy to maintain code
- Strong C++ language knowledge and coding skills
- An interest in Rust, possibly backed by experience
And likely a leaning towards:
- Concurrency, multithreading, fine grain timing, CPU architecture (e.g. CPI, caching levels, cache misses, pipeline stalls)
- Networking, performance, standard packet protocols
- Git, Agile, CI/CD plus TDD or otherwise comprehensively tested code
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.