Lead Software Engineer - Machine Learning (26834)
Based in London with flexible hybrid working, this role demands excellent software engineering skills, and a broad understanding of machine learning strategies in fields such as machine vision or language processing, and either prior experience in technical leadership or an interest in taking on such responsibilities.
Joining this company in their mission to green up a polluting industry, you would take the lead in developing machine learning techniques for extracting and contextualising information, which in turn would enable auditing and verification of green credentials. Your technical expertise and leadership skills will be used to good effect as you take ownership of this key aspect of their system, spearheading the team’s collaborative effort to develop innovative software solutions, and providing technical guidance, expertise, and mentoring as required.
You will need:
- A 1st or 2.1 in a numerate STEM subject such as computer science, maths etc. supported by strong grades at A-level (or overseas equivalent)
- Substantial hands-on expertise in architecting and implementing commercial quality software (Ideally, this will be in Python but similar languages may be considered)
- A good fundamental understanding of a range of machine learning techniques
- Previous success in a technical leadership role, or an interest in talking on leadership responsibilities
- Full existing right to work in the UK without restriction, time limit, or sponsorship
With a highly competitive salary, excellent scope for working away from the office, and a mission to make green claims more verifiable, this is a great opportunity to apply software engineering skills and machine learning expertise to some interesting technical challenges.
Keywords: Python, Machine Learning, Neural Networks, Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, NLP, Data Extraction, London, Hybrid.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection. We do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don’t have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest – we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.