R&D Engineer - Instrumentation and Data Analysis (26838)
Do you have a strong academic background in maths combined with software development (C# or similar) and hands-on engineering skills? If you are looking for a challenging and varied job, this may be of interest to you.
This industry leading manufacturing company is seeking an R&D Engineer to join their team. The role is very multidisciplinary, and your tasks will be varied. You will certainly be involved in developing software tools for processing data generated from instrumentation, but also design and prototyping of optical systems, instrumentation, and image processing algorithms. The company has facilities world-wide, and as you may be involved in the roll out of instrumentation products to these sites, some international travel is to be expected.
You will need:
- A 1st or 2.1 in Physics, or another highly numerate (but not entirely theoretical) subject from a well-respected university
- Excellent software development skills in C# (or a similar C++ family OO language such as Java, C++ etc)
- Strong algorithm development skills, especially image processing
- Hands-on engineering skills. Optical design skills are highly valued, as is any experience in metrology
- Full existing right to work in the UK without restriction, time limit, or sponsorship
The following skills may also be applicable: MATLAB, LabView, and SQL
This is a great chance to join a world leading company, developing instrumentation for high tech manufacturing processes. The company offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and are based in modern offices in a pleasant rural location, with on-site facilities including a restaurant and gym.
Keywords: C#, data analysis, image processing, MATLAB, LabView, instrument design, metrology
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection. We do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don’t have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest – we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.