Software Test / Quality Engineer (26847)
Join this globally distributed team developing modern software which integrates with equally market-leading CAE design and lifecycle management software. You’ll be someone familiar with CAD / CAE systems and Agile development practices, virtualisation, and happy to speak with developer colleagues on technical topics.
This is an exploratory and manual test role in which you’ll apply your own initiative and skills rather than creating a software test suite; however, any scripting and automation skills can be put to good use.
Your CV will show your:
- Problem-solving skills, initiative and analytical mindset
- Expertise in software QA / test engineering to a commercial standard, including desktop software
- Familiarity with industry Agile software development team practices
- Prior use of CAD software for mechanical design (such as SolidWorks, Autodesk, NX) - CAE software, including EDA tools for electronics design, will also be considered
- Understanding of the continuous integration process, and testing virtualised environments (e.g. VirtualBox, VMWare, etc.)
Ideally you may also have an understanding of: product lifecycle management software (PLM, such as Teamcenter, Windchill, Enovia, or comparable systems); network traffic analysis (using web browser tools, Fiddler, or even Wireshark); performance testing and source control. Electronics knowledge may also prove helpful.
This is a remote working role within the UK, requiring full existing work permission without sponsorship. Company offices are globally distributed and include Cambridge, UK.
Please note: even if you don’t have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest – we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.