Senior Mechanical Engineering Consultant (26864)
Combining hands-on mechanical engineering with project leadership, this role could be an ideal opportunity to progress to the next level in technical consultancy.
Joining this established and respected team of inventors, you would draw upon your excellent mechanical engineering skills and broad subject knowledge. Your structured approach to problem-solving will allow you to make a substantial contribution to early-stage product developments. With concepts in a formative stage, you will critically evaluate competing ideas to arrive at an optimum solution, demonstrating technical feasibility. Your input won’t be limited to mechanical design and ideation, however, as your role will include project managing the development process, leading your team in technical matters, and liaising with clients and other stakeholders.
You will need:
- An excellent academic background in mechanical engineering or a similarly applicable subject from a leading university together with strong supporting pre-university grades (for A-level, mostly A*s and As)
- An impressive track record of innovation and problem solving
- To be a confident and persuasive communicator, able to discuss technical subject matter in depth with clients, present results, author compelling proposals, or provide mentoring to colleagues as needed
- You will need to work well within a team as well as being able to lead one. You will solve issues collaboratively, drawing upon colleagues’ areas of expertise as necessary to achieve success
- To be adaptable and happy to apply your problem-solving principles to unfamiliar technology areas. This is a broad mechanical engineering role, but expertise in areas such as concept generation, experimentation, prototyping, detailed design, and design for manufacturing would be applicable
- Previous consultancy experience is not required, but would be highly valued
This is a great opportunity to join a successful company, working on a wide variety of beneficial high technology projects at early stage where you will have maximum scope to use your creativity. The role features a competitive salary and benefits package, and a sociable and supportive company culture. You would be based in pleasant modern offices in Cambridge with up to two days remote working per week as circumstances allow.
Keywords: Mechanical Engineering, Design Engineering, Consultancy, Project Management, Cambridge
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection. We do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don’t have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest – we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.