Senior DevOps Engineer (26870)
Join a growing tech company which provides advanced trading technology for use by leading financial firms. Manage deployment on advanced hardware, develop monitoring tools, and supervise. Over time, a global network of bespoke high-speed systems will be established at financial exchanges worldwide.
You’ll be responsible for a mission-critical production environments at increasingly global scale. Advanced hardware and optimised software means low level and bespoke deployments. Growing your understanding of this technical area, monitoring the network, pre-empting and resolving issues, and minimising risk will be key. You’ll be in touch with developers, traders, brokerage firms and exchanges.
- A degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- A senior engineer’s capability, whether you come from DevOps, systems engineering on Linux, network engineering, or a combination
- Python tools development, shell scripting, SQL for database queries and updates, and potentially C++ coding
- A good understanding of the Linux OS, its network stack and system configuration
- A good understanding of networking, concepts and issues, including packet routing, ethernet, TCP/IP, UDP and multicast
- Close familiarity with CI/CD, configuration management and source control (e.g. Jenkins, Ansible, Git)
Additional familiarity with the financial sector, for instance pricing and trade protocols, would be beneficial but is not essential.
This full-time role is based in Cambridge, UK and requires existing work permission without sponsorship. In exchange for generous remuneration and a broad remit, some "on call" work will be required.
Please note: even if you don’t have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest – we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.