Manufacturing Engineer (26878)
This ambitious company develops bespoke hardware to solve an astonishing variety of real-world problems. Due to their continuing success, they are seeking a resourceful engineer to take ownership of their manufacturing function. The successful candidate is likely to have previous success in a manufacturing engineering role, able to lead a small team, work closely with clients, and able to adapt their existing knowledge to tackle unfamiliar situations and bring projects to a successful outcome.
As a key player within this company’s R&D team, you will take ownership of their small scale manufacturing operations. This will involve leading a small team, selecting suppliers, obtaining quotations and ordering, advising colleagues on design considerations for manufacturability, and helping solve assembly issues. Due to the company’s broad array of projects, you will be overseeing manufacture of a broad range of innovative equipment, with aspects including PCB assembly, and electronic and mechanical systems.
You will need:
- A 1st or 2.1 degree in a relevant subject such as electronics or mechanical engineering from a well-respected university
- A broad knowledge of manufacturing techniques applicable to small scale production runs of electromechanical devices
- Ability to work with clients and lead a small team. Project management skills would also be valuable
- Knowledge of areas such as product quality, regulatory requirements, environmental legislation, sustainable design, and product reliability would all benefit you application
- Ability to obtain a UK security clearance
A competitive salary and benefits package are on offer to the successful candidate. This company is based in modern offices in pleasant semi-rural surroundings. They have a sociable, supportive culture and place an emphasis on the continued professional development of its employees.
Keywords: Manufacturing, Electronics, Mechanical Engineering, PCBA, Team Leading, Project Management, Client-Facing, Cambridge
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection. We do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don’t have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest – we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.