Senior IC Designer, R&D (26881)
This specialist technology firm develop high performance, low-latency hardware and solutions for targeted markets. This ambitious role would look towards future IC development, designing or tailoring bespoke ICs / FPGA cores for development and ultimately production use. This is an R&D area for the company, with a view towards near- and mid-term results.
You will have a good electronics or similar degree from a top university, or equivalent experience, and be able to demonstrate:
- Creation of IP cores for IC, SoC and/or high-performance FPGA systems, whether based on existing FPGA IP or new designs
- Knowledge of FPGA hardware architecture design
- Specific knowledge of multi clock, cross clock domain and/or asynchronous execution
- Communications hardware knowledge, networking, PHY
- Architecture and microarchitecture definition and design
- RTL design (Verilog / SystemVerilog preferred)
- RTL and gate level simulation and debug
- A focus on performance and reliability
This is a Cambridge, UK-based position offering hybrid working options and requiring full existing work permission without sponsorship. You’d work alongside fellow senior hardware and software engineers in a professional, relaxed and collaborative environment.
Please note: even if you don’t have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest – we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.