System Test Engineer (26906)
Are you an adaptable engineer with expertise in software test, hardware test, and scripting, but also happy to get hands-on building mechanical test rigs? If so, we would like to hear from you!
This growing Cambridge-based company are developing miniaturised sensor systems that will enable the creation of a new generation of novel consumer and industrial products.
Testing these will involve designing and building devices to simulate real world conditions and characterise the sensors’ response and how this is affected by multiple external factors. As a Senior System Test Engineer, your cross-disciplinary engineering skills and can-do approach will be put to good use designing test rigs and methodologies, analysing results, and developing test scripts to ensure that hardware performs as expected and software compensates correctly for external factors and outputs accurate readings.
You will need:
- A good degree in a relevant STEM subject, or equivalent experience
- Hands-on electronics lab skills, working with instrumentation, and standard investigative equipment such as oscilloscopes and multimeters
- Familiarity with standard lab protocols, health and safety, and ISO9001
- Scripting / coding skills, including database access, data analysis, and version control
- Practical small-scale mechanical skills and the ability to design and assemble bench-top experimental setups and test rigs
- Full existing right to work in the UK without restriction, time limit, or sponsorship
This is a great chance to join a friendly, growing company at an early stage, and work with multidisciplinary colleagues on interesting technology development. A competitive salary, performance-based bonus, and benefits package are on offer to the successful candidate.
Keywords: Test Engineering, Sensors, Instrumentation, Python, Test-Rigs, Cambridge
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection. We do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at https://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don’t have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest – we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.