Systems and Applications Engineer (26911)
This is a good opportunity for a Systems and Applications Engineer who enjoys using their ingenuity and working with clients to find practical and effective solutions to their needs.
The role is with a successful and growing Cambridge company with a wide customer base. The Systems and Applications Engineers will play a crucial role creating proof of concept electronic assemblies, developing validation test rigs and product demonstrators. Part of the role will include assisting clients to successfully incorporate the technology into their products, and as such would involve some domestic and international travel.
You will have solid foundation of theoretical knowledge in electronics, and will be expected to have a good, technical or scientific degree in a relevant subject such as Electronics Engineering from a well-respected university. This will be combined with a pragmatic approach to engineering and good attention to detail, as well as a deep appreciation for control of design information.
Full rights to work in the UK without time limit or sponsorship will be required to be considered for this role. Other skills or experience necessary include:
- Electronic system design including: electronic PCB design (KiCAD) and analogue / digital, board-level electronics design and debug
- Software development in C/C++ and Python
- Test specification, planning, execution and reporting, including integrating application test setups and demonstrators
- Experience working on gas sensing applications and possibly also flow sensing applications
- Working with customer engineers and interacting with customer management
Knowledge and skills that would be advantageous:
- Design of basic custom mechanical fixtures using CAD such as SolidWorks and possibly computational fluid dynamics using tools such as SolidWorks Flow
- Experience in any of the following: C#, WPF, LabVIEW
The company encourages a supportive and friendly environment where you would be working with highly skilled engineers and scientists, offering you technical challenges and career development.
Keywords: Systems Engineering, Electronics, Cambridge, PCB Design, C, C++, Python, Analogue, Digital.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.