Modelling Applications Engineer (26915)
This is a role for someone with an excellent understanding of how mathematical modelling can be utilised to improve the research and development of products in the aerospace sector. Our client seeks a personable candidate who enjoys mathematical modelling and problem solving, and has a broad interest in software, including architecture and web technologies.
You will play a key role in understanding the business and technical challenges at the top UK aerospace companies. You will develop actionable plans to support them and solve challenging analysis and modelling problems for an ever-widening range of applications. This will involve understanding their requirements, guiding product evaluations and creating proof of concepts, along with assisting in the design and development of solutions to fit within clients’ IT environments. As the role involves building client relationships, there will be regular travel to clients’ sites in the UK, as well as more occasional trips to Europe, all planned well in advance.
You will also be instrumental in identifying new trends, developing compelling messages and demonstrations. Your input will be important to help form future product strategies for the company.
You will need:
- A top-class degree or a PhD from a well-respected university, in a technical subject e.g. Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics
- Programming skills in MATLAB, Python, C, and or C++
- Expertise developing algorithms in areas such as signal processing, image processing, machine learning, deep learning and/or control systems
- Interest in software architecture, web technologies, and enterprise integration patterns
- Good appreciation for the challenges faced in the aerospace sector, evidenced by commercial experience or project work involving close co-operation with relevant companies or groups
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Full rights to work to the UK without time limit or sponsorship will also be required.
In return, an excellent remuneration package is offered, along with the opportunity to work with a very supportive, skilled and enthusiastic team. The position is based out of the Cambridge office, and remote working is welcomed up to three days per week.
Keywords: Aerospace, Applications Engineer, Cambridge, C, C++, Software, Mathematics, MATLAB, Python, Simulations, Simulink, Modelling
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.