Hardware Engineering Lead (26924)
This GreenTech company has teams based in the UK, India and Africa. They are developing a complete engineering ecosystem to directly help sellers and users in Africa. As they expand their reach in multiple countries, they are looking to recruit an adventurous Hardware Engineering Lead to provide technical ownership and leadership. This will involve frequent travel (25% of your time) to India and Africa to work closely with teams, and providing key expertise in either electromechanical or embedded software for IoT based hardware. Key responsibilities will include delivering the product roadmap, overseeing the complete technical development lifecycle, supporting production and manufacture (including prototyping) and general engineering team leading.
- Demonstrable past experience as an engineer working on hardware and firmware projects (ideally within IoT).
- Recent experience / exposure in a leadership role providing technical expertise on hardware and firmware products.
- Experience with mechanical design (plastics and metals) including CAD (SolidWorks) would be desirable.
- Experience with PCB design, C, RTOS, DFM and DFT for medium-high volume production.
- General project management skills.
- Good sense of adventure, working with different cultures and people.
The role requires good communication skills and the ability to travel internationally when needed.
In return, the company provides a range of benefits including bonuses, hybrid working and financial support to enable you to upskill through online courses.
Keywords: GreenTech, International Travel, Engineering Lead, Hardware, Electronics, Mechanical Engineering, Firmware, Embedded Software, Manufacture / Production, IoT
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.