Linux Media Streaming Developer (26928)
For an audio/videophile developer and Linux aficionado with an interest in the open source ethos. This commercial team specialise in AV on Linux, both general purpose and niche uses of media streaming technology. They lend their expertise to advising clients in this arena as well as producing high quality code and public contributions.
Your background will include:
- C and object-oriented C++ software development on Linux with standard toolchains
- Being a dab hand with common tools, libraries and SDKs in this area, including the likes of FFmpeg, GStreamer, VLC, WebRTC
- Container, codec and protocol knowledge, for instance with flavours of Xiph, IETF, MPEG, H264, VP9, HEVC, RTSP, HLS
- An active interest in open source, and ideally prior contributions whether in this area or others
- Good Agile development practice, pull requests, code review, and the like
This role is open to UK resident developers with full existing work permission, for whom fully remote working is an option. The company do have a Cambridge office for those who prefer.
An attractive salary, interesting work and the chance to contribute back to the wider community are on offer to the right candidate.
Please note: even if you don’t have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest – we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.