Senior / Lead FPGA Design Engineer (26974)
This independent, collaborative and family-friendly tech company are seeking a skilled FPGA design engineer to work on the hardware portion of their bespoke hardware and software solutions for a variety of intensive and performance-driven applications.
You’ll join a cross-discipline team alongside other talented FPGA design engineers, electronics and software engineers. In this collaborative environment you’ll play a key role from the concept stage through to verification in simulation and on real hardware, and through to release. Ideally you will be someone who has either led cross-discipline tech projects before, or would be keen to do so, and will be happy engaging with technical clients and other stakeholders, especially on new projects.
Your background will ideally include:
- A good degree in electronic engineering or another relevant or numerate discipline.
- FPGA development in VHDL or SystemVerilog, from concept through verification and release.
- A good grounding in electronics, principles and circuit design.
- Collaborative system design, considering the impact on board-level electronics, software, and clients’ hardware.
- Familiarity with test equipment, development boards and other hardware, and leading FPGA toolchains (Quartus, Vivado).
Any further experience with firmware development in C, relevant verification methodologies (OSVVM, UVM, UVVM), Python and/or Tcl scripting is beneficial.
You’ll be joining a relaxed and welcoming environment, people who enjoy working together. The company offers proactive career development and encourages people to get involved across projects and take the lead. Hybrid working is available and 4 or 4.5 day weeks will also be considered. Occasional international travel gives the opportunity to visit clients. The company supports sustainability, and fundraises for charities.
Keywords: FPGA design, VHDL and/or Verilog for FPGA development, SystemVerilog, FPGA toolchains Quartus and/or Vivado, FPGA verification, embedded C, Python, Tcl, Cambridge, hybrid
Please note: even if you don’t have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest – we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.