Human Factors Engineer (26976)
A leading light in the Cambridge product development scene is seeking an enthusiastic engineer who enjoys the challenge of designing medical technology products with the needs of the end-user or patient at the forefront of their mind.
With some exposure to, and commercial experience in Human Factors Engineering, you will have a deep interest in technology, and possibly have already played a valued role in developing and successfully delivering MedTech or similar safety-critical products. In this role, your insights obtained from user research, workshops and focus groups will be sought to influence important design decisions. You will be able to provide quantitative and qualitative information on designs and you will organise and moderate Formative and Summative Evaluation studies. This will be underpinned by your engineering or scientific background and drive to provide the best and most useful experience to patients.
The company places a high value on career development for all its staff, as well as ensuring a thriving and exciting work environment in their modern purpose-built labs, where the role will be based.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- A good degree (2:1 or above) from a well-respected university in a relevant subject such as Human Factors, Engineering or Natural Sciences, backed by impressive A-levels.
- Some commercial experience developing devices with a focus on Human Factors considerations.
- Good awareness of the FDA Human Factors guidance and IEC 62366.
- Excellent communication, presentation and team working skills.
- Full right to work in the UK without time limit or sponsorship – sponsorship is unavailable.
Your application will standout if you also have some of the following:
- Product design or development experience for medical devices following ISO 13485 and ISO 14971 standards.
- Familiarity with design of effective user-interfaces and the ability to evaluate the user experience.
In return, our client offers an excellent remuneration package including tailored career development, a 12% employer contribution pension, and a generous annual performance related bonus.
Keywords: Cambridge, Human Factors Engineer, Design, Medical Devices, Engineering, Client-facing, Product Development.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.