Electronics Engineer (26989)
This established company work on multidisciplinary technology projects that combine engineering, electronics, software and science. Their expertise is used to develop products and platforms in a range of markets from consumer products, medical devices, industrial equipment, energy and defence. They are looking to recruit an Electronics Engineer to join their team and provide additional support for current and future work.
- 1st / 2.1 degree in electronics engineering or similar and ideally a Master’s or PhD (must still have a strong understanding of the fundamentals of electronics).
- Demonstrable project experience in design, development, test and delivery of electronics projects for industry.
- Experience of technical project leadership including good communication skills.
- Specific technical skills in: analysis and modelling of circuit performance using PSpice; use of electronic test equipment (including oscilloscopes, multimeters and logic analysers); use of PCB design tools (ideally Altium Designer); strong familiarity of EMC standards; and software (C, C++ or Python).
- Further experience with: communication protocols (Ethernet, Bluetooth, WiFi); medical device standards; RTOS; and MATLAB for algorithm development would be desirable.
Technical project work will be both digital and analogue electronics, and broad engineering experience is highly valued. Candidates who are keen to develop their careers would be of high interest (this can include responsibilities to mentor junior team members, travel to meet clients, and self-investment to continuously develop their own skills and expertise). In return, remunerations include a competitive salary and benefits.
Due to the nature of the work, the role is expected to be mostly onsite at their offices (although ad hoc home working is possible when business needs allow). Candidates are therefore expected to live within reasonable commuting distance from their offices. Interested applicants are expected to have full rights to work in the UK through their citizenship or valid work visa.
Keywords: Electronics Engineering, Development, Design, Test / Verification, Prototyping, Digital, Analogue, Communications, RTOS
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.