Senior Electronics Design Engineer (27022)
A small, friendly team in central Cambridge are working on reducing the power consumption of data centres around the world, allowing the full potential of AI and machine learning to be reached without costing the planet. Their approach involves adapting the whole stack, starting with the algorithm to ensure the most efficient use of the latest silicon solutions, resulting in low-latency, high-throughput inference applications. They are now seeking a talented Electronics Design Engineer to join their team at a senior level.
Working with the latest AI capable FPGAs from a variety of the leading suppliers, you would be developing RTL in SystemVerilog and generating maintainable and parameterizable IP components, to enable reuse across multiple applications. You will package IP into full solution implementations, achieve timing closure through floor-planning and test solutions on the board. The development environment will be Linux and you will work on low level code, alongside machine learning engineers, giving you the opportunity to learn a range of inference optimization techniques.
You will need:
- Established and impressive skills with SystemVerilog, Verilog or VHDL code.
- A master’s degree (or higher) in Engineering, Mathematics or another related technical subject.
- Skilled in FPGA EDA tools such as Quartus or Vivado.
- Excellent knowledge of embedded C, C++ and Python, Linux environments version control and CI systems.
- Experience of bringing up full FPGA designs and debugging on hardware, as well as optimising RTL designs to achieve timing closure.
- Full rights to work in the UK without time limit.
Your CV will standout if you also have familiarity with neural network architectures or an interest in Functional Programming Languages.
The team have the opportunity to work from home twice a week and enjoy a friendly and social atmosphere in the office. A good remuneration package is on offer for the right candidate.
Keywords: Cambridge, Digital Design Engineer, SystemVerilog, VHDL, Verilog, Digital Design, Electronic Design, FPGA, Embedded C, C++, Python, Linux, Low Latency.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.