Software Developer, CI (27039)
This company make and contribute to modern Linux software used by consumers and enterprises globally. They have a distributed and multicultural team, often working remotely. This role offers UK-based remote work for developers with existing work permission without sponsorship; there is also a Cambridge office.
Continuous integration systems being developed include builds, hardware automation and automated kernel and graphics subsystem tests. This is not a test role, but involves developing and deploying the CI infrastructure.
You will have:
- A good degree in a relevant or numerate subject from a recognised university, or equivalent experience
- Expertise developing commercial-grade CI systems, including integration with e.g. GitHub Actions, Gitlab CI/CD
- Experience with Python, and Python frameworks such as Django, Flask or similar
- Knowledge of open development processes (e.g. pull requests, open source)
- Remote working skills and long-term existing UK work permission without sponsorship
Any additional experience or awareness of Docker / Kubernetes, embedded software engineering, upstream Linux kernel development, OpenGL or Vulkan drivers, DevOps, Linux systems administration can be helpful on some projects.
Keywords: continuous integration, CI, continuous delivery, continuous deployment, Linux software development, Python, Django, Flask, FastAPI, GitHub Actions, Gitlab CI / CD, Cambridge, UK, remote
Please note: even if you don’t have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.