Principal Firmware Developer (27040)
This is a chance to join a growing Cambridge based business as a Principal Firmware Developer, to help ensure the continued success of their novel technology.
You would be joining a friendly and focussed team developing firmware allowing the incorporation of sensors onto ARM-based microcontrollers or ASIC cores. You will also contribute to development of firmware for interface adapters, and PC-based GUIs too.
Excellent communication skills will be expected as you collaborate with your colleagues in Test, Hardware Design and Data Science, as well as providing value to clients, capturing requirements and building SDKs to ease incorporation into their own products. You will be comfortable working to software lifecycle quality processes in an ISO9001 framework and familiar with source code management systems such as git.
A good degree in a technical or scientific subject, such as engineering or Physics will be expected in order to be considered, as will full rights to work in the UK without time limit or sponsorship.
Other requirements include:
- Skills in the development of real-time firmware, using C, for ARM-based microcontrollers or ASICs using ADCs and DACs, I2C, SPI, CAN, UART, etc. interfaces.
- Experience with one or more of the main microcontroller families, ideally STM32 and EFM32.
- Familiarity with tools such as Keil, IAR, STM32CubeMX and Eclipse/gnu.
- Skilled in debugging using JTAG interface adapters and test equipment such as oscilloscopes and logic analysers, along with automated testing of firmware and regression testing.
- Programming in Python.
Additional advantageous skills:
- Development of firmware for sensing solutions and automotive applications.
- Hardware design.
- Development of Windows 10/11 GUI applications (using C# and/or Python) and implementation of GUIs using PyQt.
Keywords: Real-time, Firmware, Cambridge, C, C#, Python, Microcontrollers, STM32, EFM32
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.