Senior Software Engineer - Data Platforms (27041)
An industry leading company is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join a small, cross-functional team to assist in the development of their highly specialised design platform. Allowing end-users to collaborate globally, selecting and sourcing their ideal components with ease, developing our client’s cloud-based platform will offer skilled software engineers an exciting challenge. It is a supportive environment in which to continue building upon established skills in Python, Golang, SQL and knowledge of ETL processes.
Based in Cambridge, with hybrid working on offer (a minimum of 2 days in the office expected), the friendly team utilise pair-programming, mob sessions and mentoring to produce clean code and implement complex design patterns through CI / CD processes.
The Senior Software Engineer will be expected to take an active role in assisting other members of the team, ensuring knowledge is shared throughout the group. They will lead by example, driving new implementations from a data first approach. They will champion code quality and maintainability standards, such as clean code and testing, and they will be able to consider both developer and user experience when implementing solutions, making valued contributions to discussions on software architecture.
Requirements for this position:
- Excellent skills with Python and good knowledge of other programming languages such as Golang
- Evidence of successfully building commercial enterprise platforms
- Good knowledge of database technologies, including SQL, nSQL and GraphQL
- A thorough understanding of data ETL processes, including data ingestion and data normalisation, as well as system design and software architecture principles
- A good degree (2.1 or above) in a technical subject such as Computer Science from a well-respected university
- Full rights to work in the UK without time limit.
Our client offers a generous remuneration package as well as benefits including private healthcare and mental health / wellbeing support, an allowance for home internet access, and a good pension scheme.
Keywords: Cambridge, ETL, Databases, DaaS, Python, Golang, SQL, nSQL, GraphQL, Cloud Platforms, System Design, Software Architecture, OOP, Hybrid Work, Senior Software Engineer.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.