Instrumentation Physicist (27044)
This trailblazing Oxford company is moving into a higher gear with their ambitious technology development programme. To assist them in this endeavour, they are seeking a talented and creative Instrumentation Physicist to join their team.
Your experience in diagnostics technologies and practical experimental skills will be invaluable in finding ways to characterise the behaviour of extreme states of matter. Your work may involve you with techniques such as recoil spectrometry, neutron, x-rays, or gamma rays, and will enable the company to refine theoretical predictions and guide their future designs. As well as hands-on experimentation and development of instrumentation, you will carry out enhancement of captured image data, analysis, simulation, and mathematical modelling to aid the interpretation of the physics. You’ll work in collaboration with a world-leading team of colleagues from a broad range of specialisms.
You will need:
- An exemplary academic background with consistently high performance demonstrated by strong pre-university grades, 1st or 2.1 degree in physics (or closely related subject), and a relevant higher degree such as an MSc or preferably PhD
- Prior experience in developing diagnostic techniques for very high density and temperature regimes
- An understanding of plasma and shock physics
- Numerical analysis skills
- Excellent communications skills – able to present results to audiences with differing levels of technical expertise
- Full existing UK work permission
On offer are a competitive salary and benefits package. This is a great chance to help pioneer a technology revolution whilst solving stimulating engineering and scientific challenges.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection. We do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at https://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don’t have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest – we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.