Mechanical Design Engineer (27045)
This scientific engineering company develop a range of technologies used for clean energy applications. Their team is a mix of scientists and engineers who come together to develop next-generation pulsed power machines. They seek a Mechanical Design Engineer to join them to produce 3D CAD drawings (working to BS8888 standards), work with internal teams to turn ideas into actionable tasks, contribute to overall quality standards through root cause analysis and design reviews.
- Formal qualifications in mechanical engineering (HND or BEng).
- Demonstrable industry experience using a mainstream CAD package (ideally SolidWorks). Further exposure to PDM and FEA analysis would be desirable.
- Understanding of DFMA for low volume R&D component design. Additional experience to precision manufacture techniques would be beneficial.
- Extensive experience with GD&T including performing tolerance stack analysis.
- Highly advantageous is experience in design incorporating one or more of the following systems: vacuum systems, laser systems, pressure vessels, high voltage, and cryogenics.
The role requires both technical experience and competence, as well as strong communications skills to collaborate effectively in a multidisciplinary group. Projects are delivered to deadlines, so good time management skills are required.
On offer is a competitive salary including a ride range of benefits including share options.
Keywords: 3D CAD / SolidWorks, PDM / FEA, DFMA / Low Volume Manufacture, R&D / Prototyping, Science and Engineering, Onsite
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.