Experimental Physics Group Lead (27048)
This scientific engineering company are expanding and have created a new team within their experimental physics division. They are recruiting a Lead to manage the technical direction of the team. The company’s expertise centres around applied shock physics. They have teams that simulate and model different parameters, as well as other teams that test these models experimentally. This is one such hands-on experimental team.
This team will work on designing, performing and measuring the shock properties of their experiments in conjunction with other team leads. This will then lead to developing new diagnostics and provide new insights that the modellers can utilise. As can be expected, the role will be predominately onsite based.
- PhD in Physics or Engineering including demonstrable experimental project experience with shock physics applications.
- Experience working within a lab including the design and carrying-out of shock physics related experiments.
- Experience using high-speed imaging, diffraction / spectroscopy applications for experimental detection / analysis.
- Line management experience (or some exposure in this area).
- General project management experience including managing resources, working to deadlines and delivering projects.
- Any exposure to high-voltage pulsed power applications would be desirable.
- Preference is for UK based candidates who already have full rights to work in the UK.
The role requires excellent communication skills and a strong appreciation of collaborative team working. Your skills and management style will dictate how well the team performs.
On offer is an excellent remunerations package, but more importantly, is the opportunity to be at the forefront of cutting-edge science. Share options and relocation assistance is available for qualifying candidates. The company promotes equality, diversity and inclusion, so all candidates who meet the requirements are invited to apply.
Keywords: Experimental Shock Physics, Team Leadership, Research / Applied, Detonics, Onsite, Oxford
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.