Senior Systems and Applications Engineer (27055)
Working closely with established and potential clients, the Senior Systems and Applications Engineer will be responsible for gaining a comprehensive understanding of their requirements and helping them devise or trouble-shoot end-product integration solutions. Key to this will be the ability to analyse the requirements of each application using computational fluid dynamics and mapping them to client-based fluidic design requirements, as well as creating functioning demonstrators and test-boards.
By virtue of their knowledge, expertise and experience in the domains of MEMS and semiconductor development, the right candidate will inspire confidence in colleagues, partners and clients. They will have well-developed practical skills for system building and testing, and will be thorough and accurate in pursuit of cost-effective engineering solutions. They will be able to mentor and train more junior colleagues and will understand the value of clear and comprehensive documentation.
Excellent communication skills will be essential.
Required skills and attributes:
- A good degree in engineering or similar technical or scientific subject which includes the study of fluidics.
- Skills in fluidic system analysis, design, simulation (SolidWorks Flow / ANSYS / COMSOL) physical implementation and testing.
- Electro-mechanical-fluidic system design and mechanical design using Solidworks or a similar tool.
- Experience of rapid prototyping using 3D printing, machining and other methods.
- Comfortable integrating application solutions and test systems with hardware, as well as programming hardware with firmware to run test software.
- Experience working directly with clients on development projects and developing product demonstrators.
- Full rights to work in the UK without time limit.
Skills in the following subjects would be a distinct advantage:
- Flow and gas sensing.
- Silicon-MEMS technology and semiconductor/MEMS packaging.
- Python, C, C++, C#, WPF or Labview to run test setups and demonstrators.
A competitive salary and benefits package are on offer to successful candidates.
Key words: Cambridge, Fluidics, Applications Engineer, Senior, MEMS, Test Engineer, C, C++, C#, Python, Hardware Test, Fluid Dynamics.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.