Computational Scientist (27061)
Are you completing your PhD or postdoc? Have you got demonstrable project experience with MHD code and associated numerical modelling? This Oxford company are developing new scientific processes and utilise numerical algorithms to develop their theoretical models. They perform multiparameter simulations to enhance external experiments and enable continual advancement.
Current project areas they are interested in include: 3D radiation MHD codes; EoS and microphysics; and use of data science and machine learning to support physics-based modelling.
- A degree in computational physics, applied mathematics or mathematical engineering, followed by a relevant PhD.
- Demonstrable project experience in simulation / model development for applied physics based on either compressible hydrodynamics or plasma physics.
- Experience with relevant software engineering principles and technologies for computational modelling.
- Experience working in a team and delivering a technical project.
- Exposure to how data science or machine learning can be used to support physics applications would be desirable.
This is an excellent opportunity to join this company as it takes its next steps. You’ll join a collaborative group, working with scientists and engineers on challenging problems. In return you will be compensated with an excellent remunerations package. Applicants should have full rights to work in the UK and already be residing in the UK.
Keywords: Computational Modelling, Physics, Plasma, Hydrodynamics, MHD, AI / ML, Oxford
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.