Software Developer in Test (27071)
Unique technology allows this company to create miniaturised components for the consumer electronics sector. Due to continued success, they are seeking a resourceful Software Developer in Test to join their team, helping them expand and refine the use of automated test to verify the operation of the embedded control software which is an integral part of their products.
Your work will include expanding and improving the existing test infrastructure, develop test plans and design test scripts to verify new embedded functionality or increase code coverage. You’ll help figure out the root cause of any failures. You’ll be on the lookout for new tools, methods and best practice to improve the overall quality and consistency of the final product.
You will need:
- A good degree in Electronic Engineering or other relevant subject
- Substantial hands-on experience of automated testing for firmware/embedded software, including development of new test scenarios and test plan creation, authoring test scripts, and using and enhancing of test frameworks
- Excellent programming/scripting skills in one or more of C#, Python, bash, PowerShell, or similar
- A strong grasp of software engineering concepts including defect tracking and continuous integration (CI). Knowledge of Agile development, hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) testing, electronics test, black box testing, or control systems would be advantageous though not essential
- Full existing right to work in the UK
This Cambridge-based company offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package. They have a supportive, sociable culture that encourages employees to expand and strengthen their skills, learning from expert colleagues from a variety of technical backgrounds.
Keywords: Developer-In-Test, C#, Python, bash, PowerShell, Hardware-In-The-Loop, HIL, Continuous Integration, CI, Test Harness, Test Framework, Cambridge
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection. We do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at https://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don’t have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest – we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.