Senior Electronics Engineer (27108)
As part of a multidisciplinary robotics team, the Senior Electronics Engineer will provide specialist knowledge to mesh with mechanical, software and system applications. You will be the go-to-expert for the team on all electronic aspects and help mentor junior engineers. You will also work with manufacturing, supply chain and field engineers to make sure designs are implemented and delivered. Key responsibilities include: hands on design of highly integrated PCBs (mix of power, digital and analogue electronics), investigations on complex electronic issues to create solutions that comply to regulatory restraints, planning and project management, and general technical leadership.
- Demonstrable, industry experience developing complex electronic systems for real world applications including design, test and debugging of mixed signal and power electronics (microcontrollers, FPGAs, sensors, power management units, and motor controllers). This ideally would be within an electromechanical system.
- Strong understanding of electronic engineering fundamentals and their application to real world systems.
- Hands-on expertise with circuit design processes and circuit simulation.
- Experience with medical device standards and / or EMC compliance processes would be desirable.
- Exposure to VHDL / Verilog, embedded C or Python would be advantageous.
This role would suit someone either looking for a more senior role with greater project responsibilities or someone who wants to return from a management role into a more technical-focussed hands-on role. The position is based at the company’s Cambridge office although a hybrid option is possible (up to 2 days per week working from home). Applicants who want a reduced working week are also asked to apply as this could possibly be considered.
On offer is a competitive compensation package include private healthcare, enhanced non-contributory pension, and health and wellbeing support.
Keywords: Robotic Systems, Electronics, Mixed Signal, Analogue, Digital, Power, EMC Compliance, Medical Devices, Electromechanical, Technical Leadership, Microcontrollers, Sensors, Real World Applications, PCBs, Project Management, Engineering, Cambridge / Hybrid
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.