(Senior) Electronics Engineers (27109)
This company develops sophisticated electromechanical products containing a myriad of sensitive motors, sensors and microcontrollers. Each product contains over 60 bespoke (in-house developed) PCBs. They are looking to recruit Electronic Engineers and Senior Electronic Engineers to join one of their multidisciplinary teams (containing other engineers with mechanical, systems, software and verification experience).
The electronic component on projects can be varied and include: design and development of high-speed digital PCBs for video, data and / or comms transmissions; development of analogue electronics for interfacing with control / power / sensor systems; development of FPGAs using VHDL / Verilog; and embedded C. Projects will interface with other engineering disciplines and good appreciation and understanding of mechanical or software would be advantageous. Due to the overall application area, experience of regulated, process driven project development (medical device, aerospace, automotive or defence) would be desirable.
- Degree in electronics and demonstrable industry experience working on complex electronic engineering systems. Relevant extensive internships and year-long work placements would be considered for the Electronics Engineer position.
- Demonstrable project experience with mixed-signal electronics including high-speed PCBs development, interfacing with microcontrollers and motor-controllers, and analogue electronics for sensors. Additional exposure to FPGAs would be beneficial.
- Keen to work on dynamic, process-driven projects within a multidisciplinary team. Projects have to fulfil relevant regulatory standards, but expectations are that this should promote rapid innovation and idea creation within the projects.
- For the Senior Electronics Engineer, experience in mentoring and technical team leadership would be expected.
- Exposure to EMC compliance and relevant manufacturing experience would be a bonus.
Due to the nature of the role, engineers are typically onsite at their Cambridge based offices. However, hybrid working is possible up to 2 days per week. The company provides a wide benefits package including enhanced pension, private medical insurance and bonuses.
Keywords: Electronics Engineering, Mixed-Signal, High-speed Digital PCBs, Analogue, FPGA, VHDL / Verilog, Embedded C, Regulated, EMC Compliance, Systems, Cambridge / Hybrid
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.