Deep Tech Consultants, Applied Technologies (27117)
This established consultancy is the go-to partner for industry and science which companies look to commercialise their innovative technologies. To stay ahead, they are looking to recruit experts in emerging and nascent technology areas who have the skills and experience to take fledgling ideas to applied engineering products and scientific solutions.
The consultancy has world-class engineers and scientists, and are always on the look-out for similar types of individuals to complement their burgeoning expertise. As their next Deep Tech Consultant, you would work on cutting-edge projects, mentor junior team members, and liaise closely with industrial partners. You could present work at conferences or discuss key findings with board members, as well as lead collaborative meetings with technical teams. As a subject matter expert, you may need to work in a lab or workshop, coupled with computational modelling and simulations or writing software. This is still (partly) a hands-on role rather than just project management.
Interested? You will have:
- Top academic pedigree including degree and post-graduate degree (PhD is desirable) in applied maths, electronics, physics, computer science or mechanical engineering PLUS subsequent relevant industry experience in a key Deep Tech discipline (see below):
- Communications (terrestrial and satellite communication ecosystems leading to development of products and services for 5G and beyond protocols).
- Autonomous Systems (next generation vehicular autonomy such as farming robots, autonomous spacecraft, and uncrewed aircraft).
- Energy / Sustainability (accelerating innovations around energy creation and storage technologies such as hydrogen conversion).
- Quantum (unlocking new applied product technologies around quantum optics, computing and cryptography).
- Demonstrable “consultancy” project experience including proof-of-principle studies, prototyping, and product development (where relevant).
- Projects may require security clearance, so applicants must have held, are holding or are eligible for security clearance. Similarly, due to this, projects will require applicants to be based at this company’s offices. Hybrid working is therefore potentially limited.
This is not your typical role, but neither is this your typical company! Your expertise will be used to create and develop applied technology and new products. You’ll stay at the forefront of applied R&D and work with likeminded individuals within a supportive environment. You’ll be compensated with an excellent salary and benefits package.
Keywords: Deep Tech, GreenTech, Quantum, Autonomous Vehicles, Cryptography, ML / AI, Satellite Communications, Consultancy, Applied Innovation, Expert
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.