This group gets involved in everything from computer vision and machine learning to radio tracking and broadband communications. They design and build niche and novel products that their clients can’t buy off the shelf.
On a daily basis you will be:
- Working on a team project for a client
- Immersed in high performance computer hardware
- Applying signal processing techniques to design solutions for a variety of problems
- Implementing complex algorithms and infrastructure in software.
- Encouraged to open your mind and propose new ideas!
To meet the requirements of this role you will have:
- An excellent first degree or PhD in Engineering or Computer Science
- Exceptional C programming and software engineering skills
- Strong mathematical aptitude and a good understanding of signal processing techniques and transforms (digital
- filters, Fourier analysis, z-transforms, matrix transforms etc.)
- Experience working with embedded hardware and tool chains
- Familiarity with a scripting language (Python, Bash etc.)
- Imaginative and inquisitive mind and eagerness to learn new skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
In addition, any experience of the following will also be beneficial:
- Experience of Linux programming, scripting and administration
- Experience of programming in Assembly Language
- Experience in DSP algorithm development and programming in MATLAB
- Understanding of communications, machine learning or computer vision theory
Successful applicants will:
- Be challenged and pushed outside their comfort zone
- Get their fingers dirty on the latest tech available
- Undertake responsibility from early on
- Experience what real engineering means!
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.