Graduate Software Engineer (24689)
This is an incredible opportunity to join an exciting world-renowned company, whose ethos has always been one of high-performance excellence and innovation. A pioneer in many fields, image analysis and data capture have become fundamental to their continued advancements in research and development. They now seek a Graduate Software Engineer to join their friendly Cambridge based team, to work on a wide variety of interesting projects.
The Graduate Software Engineer will be involved in all aspects of the software lifecycle, including design, implementation, testing and maintenance of software. There will be plenty of opportunity to learn and deploy new technologies with the support of an enthusiastic team who will be invested in your success.
In return, the Graduate Software Engineer will be offered a great career path, interesting and challenging projects to work on, job security that comes from working in a well-established company, as well as an excellent salary and benefits.
Minimum necessary to impress for this role:
- 2:1 bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a closely related field from a good university
- Evidence of good skills in one or more programming languages, such as C, C++ or C#. - the ability to write good, clean, readable code is essential
- Proven analytical and numerical skills, with a talent for problem solving and an eye for detail
Skills and experience that would be beneficial to your application:
- Familiar with data acquisition and real-time processing
- Experience of image analysis, video capture, processing and encoding
- Knowledge of Linux application development, perhaps using multi-threading
- A good understanding of software and diagnostics
- Comfortable collaborating closely with clients
You will also need to have full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship.
Keywords: Image analysis, software engineer, embedded, C, C++, C#, video capture
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.