Audio Research Engineer - Algorithms (24718)
A mathematical audiophile is sought by a Cambridge based company, to join their highly skilled research team as they extend and improve their ground-breaking audio separation technology. The Audio Research Engineer will be influential in the development and evolution of new concepts, worked upon by the Research Team. You will be encouraged to contribute ideas and opinions, as well as playing a critical role in ensuring new algorithms are coded in a way that the Software Team can successfully build them into the next generation of products.
This rare opportunity could be right for a very able fresh graduate or better still, a graduate with recent, relevant work experience. Our client is based in modern offices in Cambridge and offers the right candidate an excellent salary and a real chance for meaningful career development.
Essential requirements include:
- Proven mathematical skills, evidenced by either your degree or relevant work experience, showing your familiarity and competency with Bayesian probabilistic models and / or optimisation theory
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Programming experience, including good knowledge of Python and C++
- Knowledge of audio signal processing or speech processing
- An excellent degree (2.1 or above) in Maths, Physics or a similar technical subject from a well-respected university (Russell Group preferred)
Attributes that will make you application stand-out:
- Relevant work experience
- Machine learning skills
You will also need full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship.
Keywords: Algorithms, Maths, Audio Signal Processing, Machine Learning, C++, Python
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.